Blog Post 2: The Best Concert Ever

 

I’ve been to many concerts in my life, I’ve seen Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, The Mars Volta, and many others Chilean bands like Los Jaivas, Los Prisioneros, Congreso, etc. However, I think that the best concert ever was the concert by Cavalera Conspiracy.
Cavalera Conspiracy is a Brazilian thrash metal band, it’s formed by Cavalera brothers, they are founder members of Sepultura. Sepultura is a very famous Brazilian band that I love much, because I hear these albums since I was very young and his lyrics talks about politics, dystopia, and social problems. In 1993 Max Cavalera, vocalist and guitar, decide leave the band, and Igor Cavalera, his brother and drummer, leave the band some years after. The Cavalera brothers played in several bands after Sepultura, but they didn’t play these songs in concerts because Sepultura songs were protected by copyright. In 2018 they reach a legal agreement and begin tours around the world playing old albums of Sepultura, like Schizophenia, Beneath the Remains or Arise, the most famous albums. In 2018 Cavalera Conspiracy play in Santiago, in Teatro Cariola. In this moment I lived in Chillán, so come to Santiago was very difficult for me. Also, the tickets for the concert sold out fast, and I couldn’t buy one because I didn’t have the money. One best friend from Chillán came to the concert, and I decide came whit him and try my luck, I think that I might get a ticket in resale. I came to Santiago and outside the theater I get a ticket, and I could enter to the concert. In the theater there were a lof of metalheads of all ages, and the concert lasted two hours and they played two full albums and other songs. In my opinion, this concert was the best concert ever because they sounded like on the radio, they play old song that Sepultura doesn’t play live now, and women, men, young and old people enjoyed this show. I’m grateful to my friend, who motivated me to go.



 

Comentarios

  1. Fantastic experience!! When a band play a old song that doesn't play in lives now... it's a wonderfull experience. I do not like trash metal so much, but the etmosphere in metal concerts in general is fantastic.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. wow, I was totally not knowing about this band, but it must have been great to be able to go. And what luck you had to buy the ticket

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

Blog Post 1: A country you would like to visit

Blog Post 4: Time travel to the past or future